All 18 art Reviews

King Shaddai King Shaddai

lol

lol frazetta girl faces. If youre going for frazetta influence, youll want a much more impacting color palette. Need to work on your animal anatomy as well. The girl on the shoulder, her head is much too big, especially in the frazetta styled proportions. Basically what im trying to say, is dont copy an art style if you do not know what makes it great. Its every bit as bad as drawing anime because its "easy", it takes a great artist to produce great anime work as well. If you want to go all frazetta, learn how to do it guy.

kiriban kiriban

I hate writing titles

I never write reviews on this dumbass site. Though i felt this deserved something. Very pretty color palette. Ima try to find you on dA instead.

malisaa responds:

thank you so much, now i feel even more honored :3

The Dreams in Which I'm Dying The Dreams in Which I'm Dying

I find it kinda funny

i find it kinda sad

Madame-origami responds:

When people run in circles, it's a very very mad woooorllldd~

Bandit Bandit

Thats a First

I never agree with mindchamber, but hes right here. Dont crit people when you have a terrible understanding of anatomy kid.

Kipanya ref Kipanya ref

Generic Newgrounds Comment

nice tits, id tap that

TateOrtena responds:

have fun figuring out how

A Sabtastic Birthday! A Sabtastic Birthday!

Nice to See

Nice to see that sab has finally found her following. When i was busy getting popular on dA, she never got what she deserved. Glad introducing her to the art portal got her popularity. Very nice piece, ive done a drawing or two of sab myself way back in 08 :P

Succubus Xue Succubus Xue

Nice

You followed through, nice succubus.

DoomPatrol responds:

I always follow through and thanks. I'm working on a more clothed and armored version of her.

Magical Unicorns Magical Unicorns

Interesting

Its funny that we both have two pieces front page'd at the same time. I really admire how crazy you can take your colors and it looks totally fine. I always loved your collabs with mando.

BiggCaZv2 responds:

Me too. Now if he could only get his shit together so we can do more.

Naera Fanart Naera Fanart

Sab Told Me

Dude when sab linked me to this, i was very surprised. This is freakin sweet dude. This is the first time that naera has gotten any spontaneous fanart. Thanks so much for this, hopefully others will follow your prestigious example. Im still geeking out about how cool this is.

BizarroJoe responds:

Now that I have your review and MindChamber's, I can sleep better by night (LOLZ).
The first time you've been vandalart'd...? Oviously things like this only happen in
The NG Art Portal!!!
COME HITHER, ALL YE ARTISTS.
...
I'm really glad (and somewhat relieved.) you liked it.
I still have to review you to get all my burdens out of my heart.
I'll have to leave other stuff for another time...
Anyway. Thank you. Honestly.

M-Bot_Chick M-Bot_Chick

Poor Anatomy

This is very poorly realized, i would suggest some analysis of form practice. These forms are not reading as very three dimensional. You might want to look up reference for human figure, especially in the torso. There is very large lack of depth of form. You utilize a very smudgy gross painting technique in your pieces, i assume you dont understand how to paint in photoshop. I would suggest a 60% hard round brush with 40% opacity and 60% flow, then utilize the ink dropper, it allows for a very painterly blend of form. Adding a shadow underneath her would help ground her, even if she is not in an environment, it still helps. Im also very confused where her lighting is coming from, it looks like it should be the siren bulbs, but its not. I would like to know where the white hi-lights are coming from? You lineart is very sloppy, you might want to try doing longer smoother strokes, not so messy. Its also confusing why in some areas you try painting without lines, and others you have very hard black out lines. In your lineless painting you would be advised to attain sharper edge control, it will read as less blurry. The robo arm placed on the hip, the contour of it makes the form read differently from the one in front. Lets talk about the face, the lips are mishapen, the eye is kinda gross, and the nose is very anime. Its too bad you have a completely unoriginal approach to illustration, this is a very contrived character idea, half naked chick with robot parts. You couldnt even make her attractive. Before you try to imitate your superiors, you might want to look into the work they had to do to get to where they are. I would sorely suggest some life drawing my friend.

MindChamber responds:

lol I liked how you took bits and pieces from my critique on you and used them here, but youre right this isnt my best. you're still a major douché though.

Never used the inkdropper before, I'll try it.
thanks for the tips!